After a deadly stampede, El Salvadorian police detain officials from a soccer club.

After being denied entry to the stadium for El Salvador, hundreds of irate fans tore down a fence, trampled on people, and more.

In relation to a stampede that left 12 supporters dead last weekend, police in El Salvador have detained the president of the football club Alianza as well as several club officials and stadium staff.

The second leg of the playoff quarterfinal match between Alianza FC and Club Deportivo FAS was in progress at the Cuscatlan stadium in San Salvador, the nation’s capital, when a rush broke out in the general section.

Edwin Abarca Ventura, the club security manager, and Pedro Hernández, the president of Alianza, were among numerous people detained, according to the Attorney General’s 토토사이트 Office on Thursday. Initially, it was unclear who their attorneys were.

Officials and witnesses claim that fans who were upset about being denied entry to a Salvadoran soccer league game broke down a stadium entrance fence, causing a crush that left 12 people dead and numerous others injured.

The encounter between the clubs Alianza and Fas in the quarterfinals was played on Saturday night at Monumental Stadium in Cuscatlan in southern San Salvador, the capital of El Salvador. Diego Armando, 14, claimed he attended with this father. When the catastrophe occurred, he remembered being among the crowd.

“There were so many people that the small gate couldn’t support them and it went down,” he told Channel 12 television.

Authorities think the game’s promoters sold more tickets than they legally should have. Chief of the National Civil Police Mauricio Arriaza Chicas stated that organized supporter organizations for the team were also being looked into.

His father, Hectór Rivas, said the crush occurred because there were only two small gates open and the rest were closed.

About 16 minutes into the game, spectators in the stands started waving frantically in an attempt to draw the attention of players on the field and the injured who were being carried out of a tunnel and down onto the pitch.

Live footage of the stampede’s aftermath, which looked to mostly include Alianza fans, was broadcast on local television. Numerous people managed to reach the field, where they 바카라사이트 received medical attention. Fans who managed to flee the crowd frantically waved their shirts in an effort to see others who were scarcely moving while lying on the field.

“El Salvador is in mourning,” said a statement from the press office of Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele, which confirmed that at least 12 people were dead.

According to Luis Amaya, head of Civil Protection, 500 patients were treated on-site at the stadium, while another 100 were transferred to hospitals. There were reports of at least two of the injured who were taken to hospitals being in critical condition.

“It was an avalanche of fans who overran the gate. Some were still under the metal in the tunnel. Others managed to make it to the stands and then to the field and were smothered,” an unidentified volunteer with the Rescue Commandos first aid group told journalists.

On the field, where others were desperately attempting to revive them, unconscious supporters were being dragged out of an entrance tunnel.

Earlier this week, the Salvadoran Soccer Federation’s Disciplinary Committee decided that Alianza would play without fans for one year and pay a $30,000 fine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *